Pulse Aerospace prides itself not only on developing and manufacturing superior unmanned aircraft systems, insurance, and leasing products, but also on utilizing our unique skillsets to provide comprehensive unmanned helicopter instruction and training related to the Scout or Vapor aircraft. By learning key insights about the technologies involved, our users are prepared to take on the challenges of operating Pulse Aerospace helicopters overseas, in stressful situations, or in everyday field operations. The course teaches that safety is the key to successful unmanned system operations, and this theme is carried through each topic.
Training topics include:
- Understanding the current state of FAA and other regulations - authorization to fly
- Private pilot's license written examination preparation (airspace and safety topics included)
- Helicopter maintenance and inspection
- Helicopter operating procedures
- Emergency protocols - what do I do if...
- Ground station training - using the Ground Control Software safely and efficiently and ground station setup
Specialty training is also available in the following areas:
- Specialty payload integration and interface training
- Operating in challenging areas (application specific)
- RC helicopter back-up/test pilot training (not necessary for Vapor Helicopter Proficiency Certification)
- Unmanned Aircraft Design Short Course - directed through the University of Kansas Continuing Education.